Happy New Year! I hope 2024 will be a better year.
Things I wrote
In 2022, I focused on writing. I have been less productive this year and felt that life events didn’t help. It didn’t feel easy to keep habits when moving homes.
- I coined the word “marketware”.
- I wrote a silly note on meso-meridiem.
- I went to FFConf and will likely go back this year.
- I wrote something about maps and how helpful they are in various domains.
- I coined another word: folkfact.
- I was thinking about a Global Warming emoji.
- I was toying with the idea of mixing software versioning and TV series.
Things I’ve been working on
I’ve updated and refreshed this very website. The most fun part was creating the illustration on the home page. Have you tried clicking on some objects?
I’ve been working on the illustrations for my upcoming deck of cards on computer science. I finished the deck! Illustration and text! 2024 will be all about refining, reviewing and printing the deck. I’m planning on doing a Kickstarter later this year.
Lucida is a small web app or Progressive Web App (PWA) that mimics a camera lucida. It lets you set up an image on the screen, which you can trace with a pencil while looking through it. See some of my creations on this page.
Things I learned
Astro is an excellent framework for building static sites. This very website is made with Astro!
I haven’t read much this year, mostly self-help and career books.
- The Staff Engineer’s Path
- The Coaching Habit
- The Courage to Be Disliked
- The Courage to Be Happy
- How to Decide by Annie Duke
- Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine